Jason Sanford writes to inform us that this year’s long list for the Million Writers Award has been released. This is a general award for online short fiction, but as usual there are many SF, fantasy and horror works in the running. You can find the full list here.
April 20th, 2009
Many thanks to Pawel Dembowski for letting us know about the 2009 nominees for this juried award for speculative fiction published in Polish. The nominees (with apologies for our lack of the proper Polish characters) are:
- “Kameleon” by Rafal Kosik
- “Miasto dusz” by Wojciech Szyda
- “Zadra”, part 1 by Krzysztof Piskorski
- “Fryne hetera” by Witold Jablonski
- “Chwala ogrodow” (published in the book “Na ziemi niczyjej”) by Anna Brzezinska and Grzegorz Wisniewski
- “Ziemia niczyja” (published in the book “Na ziemi niczyjej”) by Anna Brzezinska
The Zulawski Award is awarded by a jury consisting of 10 science fiction and fantasy critics and literary scholars to authors of the best speculative fiction novels published in Polish. The initial nominations ballot is the result of votes by 63 electors. Members of the jury can also propose additional nominations, and will eventually choose the winner, to be announced in October. The award is named for Jerzy Zulawski, the pioneer of Polish science fiction.
More information (in Polish) is available on the official web site.