This year’s Grand Prix de l’Imaginaire ceremony appears to have taken place at the Etonnants Voyageurs festival last weekend. There are some category additions. The winners, as reported by Noosfere, are as follows:
- French language novel: Chien du heaume (Dog of ?), Justine Niogret (Mnémos)
- Translated novel: Dans les limbes (In Limbo), Jack O’Connell (Rivages)
- French language short fiction: “Les Trois livres qu’Absalon Nathan n’écrira jamais” (“The three books that Absalon Nathan Will Never Write”), Léo Henry (Retour sur l’horizon, Denoël)
- Translated short fiction (tie): “Exhalaison” (“Exhalation”), Ted Chiang (Bifrost 56) and Océanique (Oceanic) (collection), Greg Egan (Le Bélial’)
- French Language YA: Eté mutant (Mutant summer), Victor Dixen (Gawsewitch)
- Translated YA: Le Livre des choses perdues (The Book of Lost Things), John Connolly (L’Archipel)
- Prix Jacques Chambon (for Translation): Sylvie Miller for Interférences (Interferences), Yoss (Rivière Blanche)
- Prix Wojtek Siudmak (for Art): Alain Brion for the covers of Chute (Fall) & Rédemption (Redemption) by Brandon Sanderson (Orbit)
- Bande Dessinée (Comics): Black Summer, Warren Ellis and Juan José Ryp (Milady)
- Manga: Ikigami : Préavis de mort tomes 1 à 4 (Death Note Vols 1-4), Motorô Mase (Kazé Manga / Asuka)
- Non-Fiction: L’Encyclopédie de la Fantasy (The Encyclopedia of Fantasy), Jacques Baudou (Fetjaine)
- Prix spécial (Special Prize): Jean-Marc Lofficier and Brian Stableford for their work translating and promoting French Science Ficion through Black Coat Press
The list on Noosfere also includes the runners up.
Corrections to our dodgy translations are, as always, very welcome.
Originally published at Science Fiction Awards Watch. Please leave any comments there.